12.12.2011

[Homemade Christmas Ornaments]

Growing up, I remember making these ornaments with my momma. I remember smelling my ornament last Christmas, and it still smelled like cinnamon after all these years. I'm a sentimental kinda gal. I love to carry on traditions. Start new ones. Anything for the kids to remember and say, "Hey, my momma did that with me when I was little!" :D So....., Friday night after Mexico, we ran and got some cinnamon and apple sauce. We had some fun making them. :D Are you ready for this intense recipe? Don't know if you can handle this!?!

All you need is a cup of cinnamon, and 3/4 cup of apple sauce. Mix it all together. Roll the dough out, and then take your cookie cutters and go slap happy with them. After you've done all of them, you take a straw and make a hole in the top center of the ornament. The hardest part about this is the waiting part. It takes three days for them to dry. You flip them over every day to the other side. When they are dry, you get some pretty ribbon and tie them up, and walaaa, you've got yourself an awesome smelling ornament!

 Mercy, your hands will smell sooo good after this project. Mine did! Oh, and the aroma in the house is to die for.  These babies smell wonderful! So glad I started this tradition with my babies. Thanks momma for doing it with me & Michael! Your the bestest! :D



5 left some love:

Duran Clan Momma December 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Okay so when you say dough did you have premade dough or what. I'm a beginner to all this stuff so give a sister the recipe to the dough. lOL

Katrina @ Hix in the Stix ~ Army Edition December 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

Totally just pinned this on Pinterest! Definitely going to try it...I'm thinking it will be the perfect project for next Christmas :)

Duran Clan Momma December 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM  

Okay so I'm just realizing that the applesauce and cinnamon are the dough. (duhhhhh) excuse my slow moment there. Does the "I just had a baby" excuse work if the baby is 2 months old. LOL I mean he still wakes up every 2.5 hours to eat so I'm not getting a good nights rest. :)

MaMa Vaughn December 14, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

cheeks :D, nice screen name! Makes me smile, and what you typed made me smile. :D It was a bit confusing, yes?!

Katrina, thanks for the pin on pinterest. I believe it was my first pin from my blog. I feel special. lol!

Oh my friend put hers in the oven, don't know for how long, but she said it dried a whole lot faster. I guess I did the "old" fashioned way. ;D

OnederfulMom December 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

My daughters and I made some last night. We put them in the oven at 200° for about 2 1/2 hours. They came out wonderful.

About Me

My photo
Wife. At-Home Mommy. Christian. In Love. Blessed. Laidback. Goofy. Blonde Moments [Always]. Obsessed[with a few things]. Namely... [{My husand}{My kids} {My church}{My camera} {Photoshop}{Yankee Candles} {Godiva Chocolate Praline Pecans}{Islands}]

Blog Archive

Cool & Helpful Finds

"
"\ />

Followers

MySpace Hit Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP