11.29.2011

[The Day of the Kolache']

One of the many reasons to visit Texas is, none other than the great, tasty, cheesy, spicy Kolache, among others of course. ;D ;D What is it you might ask...it is breakfast, of course. And I shall take you on a tour of the morning of the Kolache. :D

Our Morning in Texas
 1) Got to sleep in. Pappy heard Lana awake in the room, and he came and got her. Pappy didn't know I was taking his picture with Lana. He was rubbing her head, which she loves. :D What a great Pappy, Lana time. And another plus, Fox news. lol. :D
 2. Many, many reasons for the big smile on my face. One, we just left Pappy and Granny with the three kids. Talk about freedom, we almost didn't return. LOL.  Two, we were headed off to "Shipleys" for our Texas breakfast. 3. Texas is beautiful, and the weather was gorgeous that day!
3. If I remember correctly, James wasn't at all worried about a picture. He was hungry. :D
 4. We had to wait for the Kolaches to come out of the oven. Got a dozen jalapeno cheese, and a dozen cheese. Talk about a lonnnnnng ride back to Pappy and Grannys.
 5. We had to endure those smells of yumminess. Let me tell you, that was pure torture. Annnndd James was happy to make his wife happy. the end.
          6. Finally, we made it to "Tallow St." Finally. Barefoot both ways up the hill through snow, mind you.
                                              7.  My kolaches headed to the table.
                                                             8. Brayden even loves kolaches.
                                                  9. Lana enjoyed a whole kolache!!
10. This momma enjoyed her kolaches. I shall not tell you how many I enjoyed. I shall not.
It was delicious, and can not wait for my next visit to Texas. :D

[By the way, that is not a hot dog, that is a piece of sausage. A piece of sausage with cheese, and jalapeno wrapped in an awesome bread. YUM.]

0 left some love:

About Me

My photo
Wife. At-Home Mommy. Christian. In Love. Blessed. Laidback. Goofy. Blonde Moments [Always]. Obsessed[with a few things]. Namely... [{My husand}{My kids} {My church}{My camera} {Photoshop}{Yankee Candles} {Godiva Chocolate Praline Pecans}{Islands}]

Blog Archive

Cool & Helpful Finds

"
"\ />

Followers

MySpace Hit Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP