11.16.2010

[Chicken Tortilla Soup]

Okay, another super tasty recipe! I mean it. This is another must for your weekly menu. I have so many friends that are awesome at baking and cooking. I can not claim this as my own recipe either. :[ Tis sad I steal everyone else's. hehe. This one came from Baker/Cooker Sarah. :] I hope you try it out, and enjoy it as much as I do!! Yum.
1/2 c of chopped onion
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp of ground cumin
1/4 tsp of chili powder
2 cans of chicken broth [14.5 oz. each]
1 can of diced tomatoes & diced chillies
1 can of black beans
1 c of frozen corn
4 tsp of cilantro
3 tablespoons of lime juice [or more, I put alot more]
2 cups of mexican cheese
sour cream
1 bag of tortilla chips

I use my crockpot for this and this is how I do it
I added the liquids, chicken, onion, garlic and spices let simmer on high for 4 hrs. then I added the beans, corn, and cilantro and let simmer on high for another hr. Then tis ready!!

Place tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl of your choosing. Then add soup...add a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle with as much mexicano cheese as your little heart desires. :] I even top with some more cilantro. This is so yummy. Now let me go enjoy my bowl!!! Adios. :]




                                            As I am posting...this is what I see. So sweet!

 

1 left some love:

Granny,  November 17, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Yummy!! And I agree so sweet!!

About Me

My photo
Wife. At-Home Mommy. Christian. In Love. Blessed. Laidback. Goofy. Blonde Moments [Always]. Obsessed[with a few things]. Namely... [{My husand}{My kids} {My church}{My camera} {Photoshop}{Yankee Candles} {Godiva Chocolate Praline Pecans}{Islands}]

Blog Archive

Cool & Helpful Finds

"
"\ />

Followers

MySpace Hit Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP