10.29.2010

Once upon a mid-fall night...Alana Brooke came

I went to the much dreaded after-40 wks. preggo appointment last Tuesday the 19th. Dr. Vaughan told me I had dilated, which I wasn't that impressed since I was only still a 2-3 centimeters. So, since I had asked to be induced, she called the hospital and got a room for that next morning. How exciting, I was going to be induced. I was excited and scared. I then went home, begged James to stay home since baby Alana would be coming that next morning. So, we went and got our last BIG meal...a "chipotle' burrito bowl. Yum. Then after that we went and got some last minute baby things that we needed, ahem...and wanted. :] Then I went on a mad, seriously MAD cleaning frenzy. Washed like everything and anything, vacuumed rooms, steps...and other random things that needed a good vacuuming...Scrubbed floors, mercy. It was pure craziness, yet I wanted to do it. James even helped. :] The house looked good and smelt great. Then, we went and dropped the kids off at my parents...since I was being induced that morning. I was getting more scared with each minute that passed. :]

James and I went home, it was quite late, around 11:30 or so...we folded the laundry I had washed earlier and put it all away. I had started having contractions, strong ones...but nothing that I thought I should worry about, beings my earlier "false alarm". The contractions felt the exact same, as the day I called the doc so early in the morning. Anywho, so I told James I was going to go take a shower...then it all started happening, I called the doc and told her about what was going on and she said, "Well, go ahead and go in...if you want, but I won't be there until 6 or 7, which was my induction time. So, I was thinking in my head..."FALSE ALARM" again. So, anywho...called Heather and she said I should go just to be safe. I got off the phone and started to text her. It was after 1 a.m.! I was laying on my bed, going to try to sleep a little and try to count the minutes between contractions. So, I had just typed in on my phone..." for real and like im having one and it hurts pretty good. man. ouch. im just gonna go in." At that very moment, 1:43 a.m. my water broke. It's documented on my phone. haha. Yah. So, then I yelled down to James who was playing video games...we gotta go NOW. :] We threw everything in the car...and rushed off to the hospital.

We made it got there around 2:03, documented yet again on my phone. :] hehe. I walked into the emergency room, stuff still running down my leg. How embarrassing...peoples were congratulating me and such...I on the other hand was not anticipating the PAIN. :] At 2:31a.m., I was dilated to 4-5 and 80% effaced.  Moving right along without being induced. :] The Lord was good. I remember the contractions were so intense I started crying. The nurses were trying to like quiz me on my past. Mercy...like a million and one questions, expecting answers while they were seeing my contractions on the charts. I was upset, I got up and used the restroom...I started crying then...told James they didn't care. I went back out and I remember James went and told them to now give me the meds. Oh the pain. OUCH. So anywho, they checked again and I was 9 c.m. that's when they gave me obviously a small dose of stadol because I so could still feel everything, but felt so out of it...like being intensely groggy. At 4:23 a.m. I started to push. Momma wasn't there yet, I started being rather mean...tis what I was told. Momma got there right before she was born...literally. Alana Brooke came at 4:31 a.m. Can't believe I only pushed for 8 mins.??! Wow, it seemed like an eternity! And wow, the pain is unreal, not to scare anybody...but I would so get an epidural if I could. My daddy heard me all the way down the hallway. Didn't help I was on stadol. I'm blaming it on the stadol and the pain. :] I wasn't all there.

 Before I saw her. They didn't let me see her for like what seemed an "eternity". My sweetie!
 She was so happy to finally be "unstuck". :] Can't ya tell??
 Notice my nice make-up details.  :] I was talking to my lil' sweetie!!

 Daddy adores her too!!


 Looks so chubby but when you see her in person she's so tiny.


Alana [pronounced like A-lon-a] Brooke was perfect. Cute. PERFECT. ADORABLE. She weighed in at 8lbs 9.7 oz., and 20inches long. I was so in love. Yet I was still quite out of it. :] They gave me some more meds to help with the pain afterwards. Momma was still scared and not out of the dark yet. They took my blood after, and found my platelets had dropped to 48. Very low. Very Scary. So, my doc ordered a blood transfusion...it had to be shipped from Baltimore. Got there around 11:00 a.m. or so, the blood platelets. I was so scared, heard horror stories about having transfusions. But, I survived. I'm still here. The whole day my platelets kept going up and down... Still don't know what my platelets are now, but when I was released they were at 70 something, which my normal range is in the 90's so...I think I'll survive. :]

Alana is such a great baby! She sleeps. eats. poops. :] Yes, all the normal things babies do. She really doesn't cry too often and when she does I want to pick her up and cuddle her! Her big sister and brother just adore her and love to help momma take care of her! I can't believe I'm a momma of three. I love my little family! The Lord has blessed me so much!

1 left some love:

Jackie November 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Thanks for posting this...I just love reading a good birth story! Scary about the transfusion, sorry you had to go through that. And as for your dad hearing you down the hallway, awesome!! I was extremely, ahem, VOCAL, during Lexi's birth and my dad was right there. But when you're in labor you don't care if it's the President of the United States that's there as long as somebody gets that baby OUT!! :)

About Me

My photo
Wife. At-Home Mommy. Christian. In Love. Blessed. Laidback. Goofy. Blonde Moments [Always]. Obsessed[with a few things]. Namely... [{My husand}{My kids} {My church}{My camera} {Photoshop}{Yankee Candles} {Godiva Chocolate Praline Pecans}{Islands}]

Blog Archive

Cool & Helpful Finds

"
"\ />

Followers

MySpace Hit Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP