12.19.2009

Blessings come in all shapes and sizes...


My blessing, a gas can provided by my friend Sarah. :)

Last night, before it started snowing, like 1 hour before it started... two Sarahs [Sarah Vaughn and Sarah Weller]  had already braved a grocery store with 4 toddlers. It was very interesting to say the least. The lines were crazy long because of the so-called-blizzard. It was very enjoyable [cough, cough]. Then we stopped by another store, and Little Ceasars also and picked up pizza for dinner, very glad we did. So, we were on our way in our Grey 2005 Chevy Trailblazer to another store, mind you, for good causes...when Sarah Weller prononced rather panickly [is this a word. hah.]..."Sarah, there's something the matter with your truck." I told her everything was fine. Then Sarah W. started cracking up laughing, mind you...and possibly crying because of the laughing...as we started coming to a rather drawn out stop. We had ran out of gas. Nice! So, we being two woman...left the car running, and the Christmas music playing...while the kids ate their pizza. Gradually the lights started diming...so, we eventually turned off the car which turned off the flashers. [EEKKKK!] I called USAA road side assistance, and while waiting for them to call back, a cop...pulled up in back of us. He offered to take one of us to the gas station so we could buy some gas. How embarrasing. So, anywho...Sarah W. so kindly offered to ride with the cop, mind you...in the back of the cop car. HAHA. Imagine all the stares she got while having to get into the back of the cop's car. Sarah, did he even open the door for you too...?!;) Haha.

While Sarah W. was gone, I was stuck with the four kids. Thomas thought his mommy got taken by the cop was screaming..."Why mommy get in a cop car?" I can only imagine what his "four-year-old" mind was thinking. :) I on the other hand, ate cough drops and drank my water, and so paitently waited for the cop and Sarah to come back. While we were waiting Mrs. Lee came to keep me company. Thanks Mrs. Lee...I ate a few less cough drops because of you. haha.

Sarah W. and the cop returned. We had a little trouble getting the less than a gallon can of gas in the tank, but Sarah W. managed...with the help of the cop pointing out there was a button to press. haha. ;) So, once we got the gas in...We trie to start the car, but nothing happened. I am so thankful Mrs. Lee came...because she had to jump-start the battery. She has skills, I tell you. Anywhodooles...we finally started the truck and broke a couple laws by doing some illegal u-turns...the cop was so graciously kind to let us do this so we could make it to the gas station on only less than a gallon of gas. :)

We survived with kids having to go to the bathroom, gasoline all over our hands...SARAH, groceries in the back, and it FREEZING outside. What an adventure. :)

P.S. My gauge on my truck is broken, therefore we always guess how much gas is in the truck. :) I will be more careful from now on. Thank you, Lord, for keeping us safe.

3 left some love:

Mark & Mary December 20, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

I guess this means you have your license now Sarah??? You go girl! Just "Go" next time with enough gas to get where you're going!! Sounds like quite an adventure!

Amanda December 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Sarah...you crack me up. I can just see you with your cough drops and water sitting there waiting. :) Glad a nice police officer came to your rescue! :)

Granny,  December 21, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

And where was your brave Marine during this escapade :) Thank God
for a helpful policeman! Tell James he needs to get that gauge fixed!!

About Me

My photo
Wife. At-Home Mommy. Christian. In Love. Blessed. Laidback. Goofy. Blonde Moments [Always]. Obsessed[with a few things]. Namely... [{My husand}{My kids} {My church}{My camera} {Photoshop}{Yankee Candles} {Godiva Chocolate Praline Pecans}{Islands}]

Blog Archive

Cool & Helpful Finds

"
"\ />

Followers

MySpace Hit Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP